Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) are diseases that can be spread through engagement in unprotected intercourse.
According to MedicineNet, some of the tips for treating STDs are:
1. STDs caused by bacteria (chlamydia, gonorrhea, and syphilis) are normally curable with antibiotics.
2. Trichomoniasis can be cured with effective medications that remove the parasite.
3. Viral STDs like genital warts (human papillomavirus) infection may go on their own. There is no treatment for human papillomavirus, although it commonly does not lead to problems.
4. Genital warts can be treated through destruction and removal.
5. The hepatitis B virus and, to an intense extent, the hepatitis C virus may continue and develop into a serious infection. Antiviral drugs and interferon may be used to manage these serious infections, but they do not cure the infection.
6. HIV treatment drugs can manage the infection, however, they do not cure it.
7. The herpes simplex virus (HSV) infection continues for life, although antiviral drugs can help lower the intensity and frequency of outbreaks.